Advance uses committees to facilitate the packet review process. You can create a Committee in Advance that is made up of members who meet regularly in your department, such as a Promotions Committee; or you can create a Committee who never meets, but is made up of a group of faculty who are regularly used to review specific types of packets.
You want to create a group of all Senate Faculty for specific types of packet review, or all HS Clinical Faculty for other types of packet review, or all teaching faculty or all non-faculty academics for other types of packet review.
The Committee module enables you to create a group of academics that can be assigned as a group for a packet rather than once at a time.
Create a Committee
Before creating a new committee: Review the list of committees to ensure that the one you want does not already exist; you will see all committees for all departments you have access to whether you created them or not.
Note: If the committee already exists, click the Manage Membership link to review the list of members to ensure that it is the committee you were looking for.
If you not Create a Committee:
- Click the Committee tab
- Click the Add Committee link to create a committee
- Type the name of the Committee, i.e., Anatomy Promotions Committee 2011-12
- Select a Department. This selection determines who can be on the committee and who has access to the committee: members must be in that department, and you can only see committees for departments that you have access to.
- Click Add to finalize the addition of the committee. Committees cannot be deleted, but can be modified.
Modify a Committee name
- Click on the committee name
- Modify that name in the section that opens above the list
- Click Save
Change the Committee membership
- Click on the Manage Membership link to the right of the committee name
- Use the search section to find new members
- Use the red X to the left of members names to delete them from the committee
- Click the Return to Committee List link in the lower left of the page to return to the committee list page