At UCSF, appointment and advancement packets are created, reviewed, and routed within the Advance system. As a candidate for an appointment or advancement action, you will have a packet created for you by your Service Center AP generalist. You will need to give most documents to her. She will convert these to a PDF format and attach them for you. However, you can attach a Candidate Personal Statement when you disagree with the department assessment contained within the Chair Letter.
The Attachments page is used to collect documents in support of your academic review. At this time, the only document the candidate (you) can attach is the Candidate Personal Statement, used when you disagree with the departmental recommendation.
- Other documents such as an Educator Portfolio or course evaluations outside of your academic department must be sent to your Service Center AP generalist for attachment to your packet.
Step by Step Process:
1. Log into Advance
2. Click the My Packet tab
- The packet is defined at the top of the page (to the right of the folder icon)
- Packet pages are hyperlinks just below the folder icon
- If you have two (or more) packets in process, select the appropriate packet
- Click the other action under the folder icon on the far right
3. Click the Attachments link under the folder icon
4. Click your mouse into the Attach PDF Document (Browse) box
5. Click the Browse button
6. Find the document you want to attach
7. Select an Attachment Type a. A Candidate can only attach a Personal Statement
8. Click the Upload button
- Only PDF documents can be attached to the packet
- The candidate is only allowed to attach a Personal Statement – all other attachments must be made by the Service Center AP generalist
- The Personal Statement is only used when the candidate disagrees with the departmental recommendation contained within the Chair Letter